Sunday 8 April 2012

Sweet Violet

Easter was a good time for catching up on my Yoko Saito Blocks and giving them an outing.
I caught up with some Taupo quilters for Show and Tell and a delightful afternoon tea over Easter. Thanks Sue - your home cooking was beautiful.

This block was stitched in Taupo and is a 10" square and is called "Sweet Violet".


It has a little bit of embroidery - stamens on the flowers which you may just be able to see.

It was nice to be working in blue flowers for a change - pinks and reds have dominated a bit lately. Now that I have fifteen blocks made I could lay them out. I decided that the quilt
needed more balance of colours - hence the blue flowers - oh I do like them.

And four blocks to go - one 20" square and three 10" squares so that should 
happen quite quickly now. I will miss making these divine Yoko Saito blocks.

But of course progress will be slower as I am away teaching at Nelson Symposium 
at the end of the week. I'll post what I teach each day.

1 comment:

  1. These are all gorgeous I particularly like the Sweet Violet block - I can't believe how many beautiful blocks you manage to complete in such a seemingly short time!

    ReplyDelete