Saturday 21 April 2012

Better Anemone

I have added four leaves to the anemone block and I am much happier with it. 
The flower's stem doesn't seem so dominant.


It was obviously meant to be as I had three small leaves prepared so I just had to 
freezer paper one more.


This is a close up of the flower showing the French Knots.

To get the French Knots evenly spaced I used the piece of freezer paper that I had 
taken out once I had appliqued the blue circle in place. I folded it in half four times and 
marked each fold line. I pinned it back on top of the central blue circle and stitched a 
French Knot beside each mark. Then went back around and put two Knots in between 
each of those first French Knots.




4 comments:

  1. Definitely finishes it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fabulous. Love the effect of the french knots. I have done a few domestic chores, now the rest of the day will be spent working on an applique project.

    ReplyDelete