Friday 24 June 2016

Mrs Holder Progess

My Mrs Holder Block of the Month quilt has been on display in the window 
at the shop for a month so progress has slowed down.




But now we have a new window display so it come home more often 

and get more stretched hexagons added to it.


These hexies have 1" sides.


This last blue row has 84 hexies going around. 



Each row increases by six hexagons.



The piece on our double bed just to give you an idea on how big it is now.


This is where I am heading with it. 
This is the original made by Mrs Holder between 1880  and 1889
in the UK.


So really there is still a lot to go,
which is great because I am really enjoying working on it.
I find it very relaxing as you just keep adding hexies without too much thinking!

Mine will get scrappier as hers did, the further out I go.

You can join us with this Sew Along With Us Block of the Month.
Contact us at:  patchworkpassion@xtra.co.nz


No comments:

Post a Comment