Sunday 10 April 2011

Japanese Quilt Block

Welcome to my first Blog post. I hope you return regularly to see what patchwork and quilting I am up to at home. As many of you know, I own Patchwork Passion - a Quilt Shop in Onehunga, Auckland, New Zealand, so I spend my days working with fabric, helping customers plan their next quilt project, enjoying their Show 'n' Tell quilts and running various quilt groups. But my Blog will be more about what I am up to outside those hours.


Today I finished stitching my first block from Susan Briscoe's book "125 Japanese Quilt Blocks". This is going to be along term project using a variety of blocks form her books. Some will be appliqued, others pieced or sashiko stitched.






I am using a roll of kimono silk for the backgrounds and various scrap bag kimono silks for the applique pieces. I have picked these up in Flea Markets in Japan.


Kitano Flea Market


A pile of old kimono for sale
I must get back to the sewing room to get the next block prepared so I can sit and sew tomorrow night.

Robyn

1 comment: