Thursday 22 March 2012

Half of Jo's Blocks

I am half way through making my little 6 1/2" blocks from Jo Morton's 
book "Prairie Flowers Encore".


It is always good to lay out your blocks at this stage and consider the colours in more detail.
Up until now I have just been choosing what I like for each block on its own. 
Now I need to make sure my quilt has a balance of colours.
So I think I need to be careful not to use too much more red and I need more blue and 
purple and gold - so some more colourful blocks coming up.

 I have already cut the backgrounds so they are balanced although they don't look like 
it in this photo!

Now off to the sewing room to try the layout I think I will like. So watch this space!

Oh a day off and in the sewing room is great. I have already finished off preparing one 
more Yoko Saito block today and it is only 10.30am.

See you soon, Robyn






4 comments:

  1. Gosh you have been busy and what cute little blocks you have stitched. Sorry I haven't been around much, I've been off on retreat ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Blue Moon quilt group is considering making this quilt. They will be convinced after seeing this! Nice to see you back Michele - wondered where you have been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love them. Hope the rest of your day off went well.

    ReplyDelete