Thursday 13 February 2014

Fussy Cutting Friday Challenge - More Stripes

How are your units going? I only have one photo sent in so far - where is yours!?!?!?!

This week I have been experimenting with stripes going the other way.
So that means not going around the hexagon but radiating outwards. 


This is the fabric and it proved to be more of a challenge than I thought.
As you can see if you look closely the stripes are directional. 
I had to unpick as I had some of the 'heart' motifs heading inwards 
and others heading outwards first time around.


Then I discovered that some hexies were wrong!
If you look really closely you can see that the stripe beside lined up 'hearts'
changes with alternate stripes - sometimes light and sometimes not.
This certainly made me look at fabric much, much 
more closely - a good lesson.


I noticed it when I was sewing the the hexies together as where they joined 
and made the light 'V" sometimes it wasn't light.


Tricia has done her stripes going outwards too - don't you love her colours.
Back next week with a change from stripes!






No comments:

Post a Comment