Tuesday 2 April 2013

Taupe Challenge

I thought I had better do a post as it has been a month since the last one - how hopeless is that! I just haven't been doing a lot of stitching - well I have done some but it hasn't been that 
exciting to show as you have already seen it.

I have been  stitching down the applique vine on my sister-in-laws quilt and that was shown in my last post. I now have two panels of vines in between three zig-zag panels with just two flowers and a leaf or two left to applique. Then borders to go and then off to the quilter it will go.

Now for the Challenge - this is a taupe challenge that two of our groups at work are
doing. It is a nine by nine - you have probably seen or heard of the
 twelve by twelve challenge. Well this is our version of that.

Nine by Nine means nine people, nine months, nine topics, nine little quilts 
made by each of the nine people, all little quilts finished at nine inches.

Our first topic was 'Leaves No Flowers'. This is my one.


I have appliqued the nine maple leaves onto individual backgrounds and then out them together. I couldn't resist a little bit of embroidery -a result of the class with
Alison last year - now everything has to have some embroidery on it!!!!!!

The stems are the Asahi Bias Tape which I love - it comes in about nine colours and 
has fusible webbing on the back so you can iron it place as you sew the edge down. 
Pre-made bias tape so fine is just a dream to use.

It was so much fun to see everyone's nine inch blocks at our first 'reveal' meetings.
Now it is onto the next topic - A Pieced Block.

We are planning to show the nine sets of quilts in the Taupe Exhibition at the shop 
(Patchwork Passion, Onehunga, Auckland) at the end of the year.

I will post each month's quilt after our reveal day. I promise to be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment