Friday 26 April 2013

Japanese Taupe Quilt Finished

My taupe zig-zag quilt for my sister-in-law came back from Carol, the quilter 
yesterday and wow what a wonderful job she has done.

With this quilt her quilting was as much a feature of the quit as the applique 
and piecing. There was plenty of space for her to fil and she did a stunning job of it.



This is one of the side triangles - I love the way she has imitated the applique 
flower and the leaves - so clever. 

Then look at what she did on the outside border - so perfect.


Up through the pieced zig-zag she quilted straight lines and in amongst the flowers 
a large stipple. I loved these both. I really do not like very close machine quilting on 
bed quilts. I like the quilt to stay soft and cuddly.

As you can see above I have started getting the binding sewn on using the same fabric 
as the border. I am putting this quilt in the Auckland Quiltmakers Show next weekend
so I have to get going with the hand sewing of the binding and then add a hanging sleeve.

The Auckland Quiltmakers have an annual Show and Sale at the Jubilee Building, 
545 Parnell Road, Parnell on Saturday and Sunday 4 and 5 May from 
10.00am - 5.00pm each day. 

Looking forward to seeing you there if you live close enough. I will take a photo of 
the quilt hanging as it is really hard to photograph it at home and will post it next week..


No comments:

Post a Comment