Wednesday 15 June 2011

Gee's Bend Quilt Top Finished

Today I had our 1800s Revisited Group in at the shop so I was able to take my completed Gee's Bend Quilt top along for show and Tell.



I had finished it by adding in the filler pieces to get all the blocks to go together and then added on the borders. As you can see I couldn't be quite as as wonky as Lola Pettway - it just doesn't seem to be in my make up! But I am happy with my interpretation of her quilt. You can see a photo of her quilt in my last post.

Now I have to decided how to quilt it - I am thinking of chunky hand quilting with embroidery thread and maybe following around each frame in the middle with a matching thread colour - I think I will just eyeball these quilting lines rather than measuring and marking them! I will have to do one block to see if that works - so watch this space.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment