Sunday 1 May 2016

The Auckland Quiltmakers Show

This weekend has seen me at the The Auckland Quiltmakers' Show for the weekend.
This year was our 20th Exhibition and as usaul it was amazing.
Our group contains talented quilters with a wide range of quilt styles.

This is the large 1880s quilt that I entered.
It is a copy of an antique quilt that I saw in Houston. 
It was part of Mary Koval's collection but the maker is unknown. 


I love the braveness of the original maker who just cut up her blue toile fabric.
It took a big breathe for me to make the first cut - it was so tempting to 'fussy'
cut the toile squares.


I also love the centre of pink and red four patches.


And the borders created with just  a change of fabric but not design.


And of course the Baptist an quilting done by Helen Harford.

Next weekend  I am off to the Great NZ Quilt Show in Rotorua.
It is on at eh Howard Morrison Centre on Friday through to Sunday.
Hopefully I will see some of your there.

It will be great if this event is a huge success and they repeat it
so we have a National Quilt Show of our own.
So do come and see us. 

If you come tell me you read about it on my Blog and receive a 
free fat quarter of your choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment