Wednesday 4 May 2016

Indigo Vases Finished

I had finished my "Indigo Vases" piece made in Sue Spargo's class last year
 so was able to enter it into The Auckland Quiltmakers Show last weekend.


It has been great fun to make.
It was totally different from what I usually stitch.


I learn so many new embellishing techniques with so many different threads.


It was also a great opportunity to use little treasures that I had collected 
in Japan over several visits.


Sue's ruching thread was used for the stem and the flowers below.
We have some of this in stock. It is so easy to use - just ask when you are in next.


Wow this section was bright for me but it makes the whole piece sing.


Some background embellishing.


Off to Rotorua to set up for the Great NZ Quilt Show tomorrow. 
Hope to see you there.

2 comments:

  1. Your finished piece is lovely! I like that you hand quilted it and all the individual surprises you added.

    Enjoy it for many years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's beautiful! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete