Tuesday 12 April 2016

Mrs Holder and a Finished Quilt

This has been  a good week for getting things finished.

My quilts for our Auckland Quiltmakers Exhibition on 30 April and 1 May at 
the Jubilee Building in Parnell are ready to go.
It always takes longer than you think to get binding, hanging sleeves 
and labels written and attached.

But they are done - I will post photos after the how although I have put up a
couple of tasters in previous blog posts.

This is my Carolina Lily quilt all finished, kits now need cutting and it will be 
ready to go at the shop. I  have had a group working on this quilt over the last term.
They have been coming in fortnightly on Fridays and most of them are close to finishing theirs too.


It measures just 30" square and is hand quilted. I used my favourite 
braid design in the borders.


I have rewarded the finishing by getting a bit more on Mrs Holder.
This certainly is my current addiction.


The strong blue ring has taken this quilt off in a different direction.
I think I like it!
It will look better once the next set of rings go on.
One of the things that first attracted me to this quilt was the dominant, 
darker rings that set this design apart.

One more finish to share with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment