Friday 9 January 2015

New Year New Project

Happy New Year. I hope your year has started off well.

My Patchwork of the Crosses is almost done.
I just need to add the final rows around the edge.
But actually I guess that is going to take many nights.
It is a long way around!

I am now busy working on a new class sample.
Foundation piecing by hand!
I saw this wallhanging at the Houston Quilt Market and as soon as the lady
behind the counter suggested that I could hand stitch it - it was sold!



It measures 32" square and mine is going to be made in these
 1800s Reproduction fabrics.  I started with choosing the border on the right 
as it is smaller in scale. What do you think?


This is the first section of the first block.
Watch this space for more.


Back soon now that the sewing year is back underway.

1 comment:

  1. Such an interesting find Robyn. They look quite small blocks and could be pieced Yoko Saito's method by hand. Look forward to seeing the progess in your shop.

    ReplyDelete