Tuesday 13 January 2015

Double Star Duo

I have now finished one double star block for my Double Star Duo 
Mini Quilt. The finished quilt will measures 32".

This block is 6" when finished.



I have foundation pieced it. I did the smaller units by hand and then sewed 
the units together by machine.

Working with the little pieces to start with was much easier by hand 
than I thought it have been on machine. But when it came to joining the units 
the seams were getting quite thick so I thought the machine would get through 
the layers better than my fingers would.



I have also pieced the larger alternate blocks by machine, 
but still foundation pieced.


Now I need to make four more double stars to fill the corners.

My next post will come from Symposium in Palmerston North.
Do stop by the Mechants' Mall and say hello if you are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment