Saturday 31 January 2015

Lots of Progress

The last week has seen a lot of progress and almost finishes!!

I got my binding on my "100 Modern Quilt Blocks" from last year's
Breakfast Club that I ran at the shop.
Helen Harford quilted it and it looks great - it is such a large quilt it is going 
to take forever to hand sew the binding down.

Here is a taster of the quilting.

 
   


I got the first corners of my Patchwork of the Crosses on.
It is going to take a while to get all the way around the quilt.
But it is going to look good with the blocks 'floating' on the cream.
I am not sure what will be the binding. 
I thought maybe the red of the squares but that is going to be unlikely 
as I don't have enough of it.
No doubt something else will work and it may not even be a red. 
There could be enough red in this quilt already. 
Or maybe it should be bound in the cream background.
What do you think?



I also got my Duo Star Quilt blocks all put together.
I have quilted by machine - in the ditch around the blocks and will now 
put some hand quilting on it.


This quilt is the sample for my class Stitched by Hand" on Fridays once a month.
It involves foundation piecing by hand and by machine.
I loved using this technique to get the accuracy in the star points.


3 comments:

  1. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete