Wednesday 13 August 2014

Patchwork of the Crosses Group Meeting

Last week was our monthly Thursday Patchwork of the Crosses meeting
and there was lots to Show and Tell.

This is my latest block.


Don't you love Fay's stack of blocks. She chose her filler squares at group
so she can start joining them up.


A stunner block.


A couple of favourites with a subtle filler square fabric.



More favourites from a collection with rusty red squares.


A collection.


Another collection


This group is doing so well.
Are we addicted or obsessed!!!

And today our copies of Diane Boston's book
"The Patchworks of Lucy Boston" arrived and we have decided what next 
year's Lucy Boston project will be - can you believe it.


Another of Lucy's stunning English paper Pieced quilts.
Cindy and I feel a taupe version of the new design coming on!!!!
So the pressure is seriously on to get this one finished.







5 comments:

  1. I really like the way your latest crosses block has come up. The colour balance is lovely. And so carefully cut and sewn. Yes, Faye's pile of blocks is impressive. Great to be there at that class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! That stack of finished blocks is like eye candy! I really like the tan background fabrics used in the first block. Can you please let me know what fabric line that is from by name or designer? I would love to incorporate that into my blocks. Great inspiration. Thank you!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joyce - we have that one at the shop too. Patchwork Passion, Auckland, NZ.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in USA. What would the cost be? Maybe I could find it here if I know what to look for. Does it have a name? Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Joyce - can you email me at patchworkpassion.co.nz for details of the fabrics. Thanks, Robyn

      Delete