Saturday 28 June 2014

Twenty-five Pin Cushions

My Patchwork of the Crosses has taken a back seat this weekend.
But that is fine because I have been busy making twenty-five pin cushions.


As you can see they look very flat at the moment  - stuffing is next on the list.


I had fun deciding on designs. 


These were first - fussy cut motifs fused on and then quilted.


Then onto some scraps from a previous project - they were already pieced into strips.


Now for some simple stripes,


framed ones, 


squares and now of to stuff them and close the gap. 



They all have a layer of batting on the top side and have been straight line machine quilted.

These are gifts for a group of young people (11 and 12 year olds) in a South 
Auckland school that am about to teach to make a quilt.
I am also teaching 20+ staff members at the school to make the same quilt - our
Easy Retro Beginners Quilt and I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment