Saturday 21 June 2014

Patchwork of the Crosses Update

This is the block that I have made this week - the challenge I set myself was to 
make a block that didn't have the simple four piece cross in the middle with two fabrics 
on the outside. I had decided my block layout was getting too predictable.


I have been busy this week trying to get all the background honeycombs added onto 
the blocks I have made - just three more blocks to go. From now on they are going 
on as I make them - that keeps life more interesting as creating new blocks is 
so much more fun than adding on the cream pieces.


This is Cynthia's first block made in red French General - how stunning  and
fresh looking is that.



And these are Pauline' s next three blocks in the Japanese taupe range.
I love the way she is mixing textures with the print fabric and the woven.




Back soon with stitching tips.

1 comment:

  1. It is great to see other participants blocks. They are stunning.

    ReplyDelete