Friday 6 May 2011

Quilt Show

I will be spending this weekend at The Auckland Quiltmakers Show - I am a member of this quilt group and we have a Quilt Show and Sale over the first weekend in May each year.

 I have four quilts in the Show this year. I have photos of these two Amish style ones and I will take photos of the others hanging tomorrow and post them tomorrow night.


This one is called Amish Bars and is a variation on the traditional Amish Bars design, but has a little touch of a Kaffe Fassett fabric added in. I must admit that I love the touch of Kaffe in an "Amish" Quilt.


This one is called Lancaster Diamond and is a very traditional Pennsylvanian Amish quilt in colours, design and and quilting. I just loved doing all the hand quilting on this, once I got over the fact that I would have do all the stitching in black - even on the pink, so individual stitches would show!


The shop also has a stall there so I will take some photos of that for you too.

The Show is at the Jubilee Building, Parnell Road (the old Blind Institute)  and is on on both Saturday and Sunday from 10.00am - 5.00pm each day. We look forward to seeing you there if you are living close to Auckland.

Have a great weekend full of stitching,

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment