Friday, 29 July 2016

Mosaic Quilt Progress

I have got the next set of borders on my Irene Blanck "Mosaic" quilt now.
Last weekend was good for putting borders on quilts!


This first border is hand piece hexagon flowers all linked up.
I love the scrappy effect she created with this.
But I did change her plan slightly by putting one of red fabrics in the 
centre of each flower. I felt this defined the flowers better.


This hexie border went on perfectly. Her measurements were perfect.


Her method of getting around the corners worked well.
As you can see the hexies change orientation, but they just
almost touch.


This border did need to be measured carefully so you hexies didn't get 
chopped off in the seams!
But that was easy enough to manage.

Now for the preparation of the next border featuring diamonds.





No comments:

Post a comment