Friday 28 August 2015

Day Three Indigo Vases

We are now in Taupo at the second Retreat with Sue Spargo, but my 
posts are a little behind - sorry.

This is my piece after day two of the class.


I had a collection of handmade 'treasures, from Japan that I had collected 
over many visits and this is the perfect project to use these on.


These tiny flowers were the first to be added.


Then it was these ones. I chose ribbon from Sue's selection for the stems and 
did pistil stitch up the edges.


Next we made tiny hexagon flowers - from 1/4" templates!
This is added to the background area.

These three days have been an inspirational experience.
We were been staying at Vaughan Park in Long Bay, Auckland and this is the view
from the sewing room window.


These are the little houses that we stay in - each one has six bedrooms.


Back soon with progress from Taupo.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely time with Sue, I've been able to take two workshops with her. She is so delightful.

    ReplyDelete