Friday 11 January 2013

Shoulder Bag

Oh it has been a great week for getting onto my machine and finishing some projects.
I had  a lot of time over Christmas to sit and hand stitch but that left a lot of machining 
to be done and  a lot of projects to get finished on the machine.

This is a new bag pattern - I picked up the concept in Japan and have had a play 
developing a bag pattern. It has hand applique and hand quilting.


 I have made it in a new fabric that I brought back from Japan. 
I love the texture of it  - it a heavier woven solid. We also have it in navy and cream.

The photo above is the front. I have had these toggles for ages and have been wanting a project to use them and I am pleased with the look of it on this bag.

This is the back with a pocket and more applique.


The handle is long so it goes well over your shoulder. We will  have the pattern in the 
shop very soon and we will kitset it in a variety of colours -  probably this tan, navy and 
maybe a chocolate and a taupe!

The kitsets will be off to Palmerston North mid-February where we are 
attending the new Expertise Events Quilt and Craft Fair.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely creative project Robyn. I adore the colour, and you say the fabric has more texture than the usual cotton. Reminds me of the persimmon Japanese fabric available. All the best for the Palmeston Show soon.

    ReplyDelete