Friday 22 June 2012

Finished Quilt

I am back - finally - with a finished quilt. Since I last posted I have been busy hand quilting so there really hasn't been anything much to show - it is so hard to get a good photo of quilting!


On the blocks I did parallel lines running down the longest way - marking with masking 
tape to get them straight.


The borders had a cable which I marked on with a stencil and the Sewline new 
Duo Marking Pens. Sorry the colour is odd but taking a photo without he flash 
seemed to get the quilting showing up better.


I love these new pens - they mark with a grey line and the second pen takes away the 
line really easily - saves washing it off.


You can just see the marked lines in the photo below.


Next is finishing my Jo Morton quilt - it is about half way through the hand quilting.

4 comments:

  1. How lovely! The quilting looks beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. I love those pens too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cable on the border! I haven't seen these marking pens...I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete