Saturday 3 September 2011

Japanese Quilt Block Quilt

My Japanese Quilt Block is making good progress now - I am getting a pieced block 
made most mornings before I go to work and the applique blocks are coming 
along nicely too. This is the latest Treasure Wheel from Susan Briscoe's book.


I did have to make a change so that I had a full purple circle on this block. I wanted four 
Treasure Wheel blocks all with slightly dominant purple circles. In fact now that I see the 
photo I can see another change that is needed - the centre circle is really not quite 
centred - oh bother. I feel some unpicking is coming on.


These are the blocks made so far on the design wall - I have two more rows to make.
I have decided to leave the blocks straight set rather than on point as I thought I might do.
The diagonal lines created by the pieced blocks looked better set this way 
and made the blocks look like they were on point anyway.

I had better head off in search of the quick-unpick!!

1 comment:

  1. I liked the applique blocks before but now prefer them with the pieced blocks. It's looking good Robyn.
    hugs - Miche'le

    ReplyDelete