Friday 6 March 2015

Riley Blake Workshop Day 2

Today we had more sewing time and another business related seminar
at the Riley Blake Workshop run by Cindy and Jina from the USA.
They were great presenters full of good ideas and projects with a difference for us.
This is Jina holding my toddler skirt - don't the spots work so well.



First up was some Hexagami - the first one made wasn't quite perfect as Cindy
had pre-warned us it probably wouldn't be. But the second was pretty good. 
They are just 2" so required some quite delicate folding.


Then it was on to sewing knits on the overlocker - a new experience 
for me. We made these little toddler skirts and matching headbands - so
cute with the lovely Riley Blake fabrics.



Hopefully tomorrow I will get time to make the final project.
I wasn't able to make the Friday morning session where they made a project 
using the laminated fabric.

So everything going to plan I will be back tomorrow.



1 comment: