Tuesday 17 February 2015

Karen Styles is Coming From Australia

I decided to make a couple of Eight Point Stars tonight to promote 
Karen Styles' visit to us in March.

It was so much fun fussy cutting my 1800s fabrics for these two.


But I did have to press the living daylights out of the first block on the left 
and couldn't figure out why. 
Can you? 
It had a huge hump in the middle, but now it doesn't! 
Thanks to a steam iron and starch.



The second one went together like a gem and sat flat straight away.


I am thinking I will make more at class and will learn lots of tips from
her to make them even better.

She is teaching making them by American hand piecing or machine piecing.
I did mine by hand.
It was great to return to a technique that I hadn't used for years.
It also made a change from English Paper Piecing over card.

Remember these little fussy cut hexagons I made last year 
and then forgot about when Patchwork of the Crosses came along.

Little ones

Bigger Ones

Well I think they are going to get a revival and go into a quilt with the stars.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete