Saturday 22 October 2011

Cute Little 1800s Blocks

This is the next set of four 1800s blocks - aren't they so cute. A little too red as 
it turns out but they are scattered across the quilt they will be fine.



I already have two ladies booked in to start this Block of the Month early in the new year so
I need to get going. I have made 40 out of the total of 64 small blocks needed. 
Then there are nine larger blocks and a border - all appliqued or English Paper Pieced!! 
But I am loving doing this project. I am getting one set made in an evening if it has been prepared, so you do race through them quite quickly. It is a great project for a sense of achievement re progress.



It will be a great one for people to start over summer as you will be working on small pieces 
while I will probably be still quilting it - oooh that could be hot work at times.

Next I have to work on a cushion challenge from the Modern Quilt Guild. We all have a piece of the same fabric that has to be used in the cushion and it is a bit of a challenge and a bit of change of direction for me.  But that is all good.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you certainly motor through those blocks and they are looking just gorgeous too.
    Have a great week, hugs - Miche'le

    ReplyDelete